Saturday, June 15, 2013

Encouraging? I think not!

Hello, people out there!  I am now one of you... you know who you are.  You are the people who are not afraid to write so other people can see.  Well, I am not quite sure I am that person yet, but I'm going to find out for myself.

I am starting to put some words out there because I have recognized that I do quite a bit of complaining.  Well, a bit too much.  OK... a huge heavy buttload and it's dragging me down.  I wonder if I am bringing down people with me.  I can feel somewhere inside that I am not the simple, light-hearted person that I once was.  I can't encourage people with ease like I used to.  I'm also depending on other people to encourage me... people who might even need more encouragement and light-heartedness themselves.

Somewhere else inside me tells me that the first place to start attacking the whiny part of my soul is to think of all that I have been blessed with just for today.  Mom's 50th birthday was today (well, yesterday), and I have had 25 years with her right by my side, supporting my every decision and also supporting who I am not.  I have a warm-hearted, loving, caring, handsome, God-fearing husband who cherishes our relationship and brings God into our life.  Another simple thing yet not appearing to be so simple at this time is the fact that I have a steady job.  There are millions who do not have that.

Almighty God, thank you for Mom, Alex, and my job.  I am going to start becoming thankful for all the goodness and richness you have placed in my life and what You have created for me.  You are my Savior who has a plan for me, and for that I am thankful.

I have intentionally limited myself as to what I can write in this blog.  The whole purpose is to change my heart and to bring myself back to light.  I still feel free to write musings, but my goal is to see a transformation of my soul, so that I can become more of who God wants me to be.  I believe that He wants me to be able to encourage others like I used to, but He might want something else from me now.  We'll see.  In time, I will see what will become of this blog and where He will lead me through it.

Thanks for listening!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing! I will be checking back for updates. I know you could never bring anyone down, but I do completely understand your thought of "I can feel somewhere inside that I am not the simple, light-hearted person that I once was." Because I have felt that way myself. It is a struggle. My blog snuck up on me and became my therapeutic outlet, that we all need in the helping professions.

    ReplyDelete