Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

OMG!  I'm so excited!  Today (well, yesterday), I had an awesome day.  I can't specify the details here yet, but I will post the photos soon.  I'm afraid it might spoil the fun for two close friends of mine who need to check their mailbox first.  However, I can post this for now:


Well, I guess it is obvious who will be waiting for something in the mail.   Didn't I say I was excited?  Yes!  Today, I am very thankful to have my friend Ruhanna in my life.  She spent the entire afternoon with me at her house, teaching me her precious skills.  Most of all, I am grateful that she was patient with me.  As with any new skill, novices (like me) can be quite hard to deal with sometimes.

So, I spent most of the day completing this project, but what else did I do?  I went to the liquor store and bought dry sherry to make a shrimp stir-fry with ham and peas included.  The recipe was from Mark Bittman's Best Recipes in the World.  I complimented this with some steam-cooked brown rice, along with edamame and vegetable egg rolls as sides.  This is not the best picture, but here is what Alex and I cooked:


Best of all: My best friend Christina joined us for dinner!  She and I followed this up with a nice swim in the pool.  We set the pool alarm off because we didn't shut the gate properly, annoying the lady the next door, but things happen.  I bet pool lady has to deal with that all the time.  However, I enjoyed spending one-on-one time with my Lizzy (she calls me Jane--Pride and Prejudice codenames).  Another good thing: I didn't have an allergic reaction to the chlorine.  (I'll tell a good story on that some time in the future.)

Oh, to be lighthearted!  Oh, to not evaluate every little thing!  Brevity!  It feels good.  :)  (If you can't tell, I had an awesome day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment